Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sam Says... Nike says... I agree.

Cutting OFF long hair and creating great short haircuts is one of my passions.
Short hair is one of the secrets to big-time success behind the chair.
Cut hair off.  Like Nike says... Just do it.
Short hair comes back faster.
Short hair takes less time in the chair.
Short hair uses more styling products.
Short hair buys more chemical services (you keep cutting off the perm/highlight, etc.)
Short hair gets noticed.
Short hair sends more referrals.
There is a LOT to love about taking clients short.
I found this video in my inbox this a.m. from Sam Villa... He offers a great tip when taking a client from long to short.
LINK HERE to his video tip.
I would add the additional suggestion of being keenly aware of the position of the pony when you go for this so as to see to it that you do not take too much... I did that once... the chop gave me too much graduation and I was not able to bob the cut at the level I had hoped.  The cut had tolook like the one the post with higher graduation at the back and I had intended for the bob line to be more classically horizontal.  OOPS.  Watch the elevation.  If you are going to pixieish as sam references... no worries then.

No comments:

Post a Comment